First let’s discuss some tips and tricks on how you can keep your email address from landing on spammers lists in the first place:
- Spammers can’t send you spam unless they know your email address, so try to keep it as a private as possible.
- When signing up for online services, forums, etc. try to use a dedicated address just for those sign ups, one that you don’t need to check often and that you don’t need to worry about whether it receives spam or not.
- Never put your email address on a guestbook, or in a forum signature
- For legitimate email use the unsubscribe links if you no longer wish to receive it, but for illegitimate email just delete it as some spammers may use the unsubscribe links to confirm the email is going to a valid address.
- Never click on links in spam email, some links are used to confirm that the spam went to a real email address and when the spammers know that they sell your email address to other spammers.
Even with these good habits in place I am sure you are still getting spam. So what can you do? We offer two tools a free tool that is included with all SuperWebHost accounts come called as well as our Professional Spam Protection package.
Here’s a little more information on both of those systems:
SpamAssassin comes pre-installed in the Email section of your cPanel control panel. SpamAssassin ranks emails based on an algorithm and the higher the number the more likely it is to be spam. In the SpamAssassin settings enabling SpamAssassin allows SpamAssassin to start ranking emails. Right below that is an auto-delete tool that allows you to set that all emails above a certain score are automatically deleted (most people start at a score of 5). SpamAssassin can take a little tweaking to find the right setting for your needs, but in general it is a very good tool and if you have any problems using it or want any advice just let us know and we are happy to help.
Our Professional Spam Protection package is for those users whom want even better control over their Spam. Our Professional Spam Protection package offers a more robust and intelligent scanning engine resulting in less false positives and false negatives as well as the ability to generate reports about mail, the ability to search the quarantine and more.
February is our Spam Awareness month. During this time, we would love to provide you with a 2 week free trial of the Professional Spam Protection, furthermore if you sign up in Feb we will discount the price from $36 per year per domain to $24.95.
If you have any questions about our Professional Spam Protection just let us know!